One type of person is happy and well-adjusted. One is not.
(c) 2013 by Tom King
I'm just saying. I've owned dogs and tended to cats over the past fifty years or so. I've noticed there is a a profound difference between these two favorite pet species and how they interact with their owners. Here are some things I've observed.
- Cats are socialists and in charge of all things. Dogs are libertarians and think you're a pretty great leader.
- Cats are politicians. Dogs are voters.
- Your dog will die to protect you from an attacker. The cat will hide till it's all over.
- Your dog is always glad you're home. The cat wonders why it took you so long to get there and why her supper bowl is still empty.
- Your dog will bring you your slippers. The cat will pee in them if you still haven't filled his supper bowl.
- Your dog will fetch the ball when you throw it. The cat plays with the ball to amuse herself, until it rolls under something and then she will sit there with an exasperated look on her face and wait for you to fetch it.
- Your dog brings you toys to play with. The cat brings you dead rodents and leaves them in your shoes.
- Your dog wants you to feel good about yourself. Your cat wants you to make her feel good about herself.
- Your dog thinks you are clever, funny and can do anything you put your mind to. Your cat thinks you might just be able to handle a can opener with the proper supervision.
- Your dog hard down loves you. The cat needs to think about it for a day or two before she answers that question.
- Your dog will sleep on the foot of your bed till you wake up (even if you don't wake till 10 or 11. The cat will walk around on your face at 6 am because you haven't filled her bowl yet.
- Dogs have family. Cats have staff.