Search This Blog

Friday, October 05, 2007

On Becoming an Author

Got an e-mail last week from a publisher looking for an author for a book on charity golf tournaments. I just happen to have such a book and I sent him the manuscript. He called back after he read it and bing bang - with that I've got a deal to publish my book and possibly do a second one on nonprofit boards. I've read books that this editor shepherded to publication and he's good at what he does.

It's funny how stuff like this happens in my life. I've been fiddling with this book for 5 years and running it by publishers right and left. Then, suddenly it finds a home at last, just at the time I need it.

Romans 8:28 says "All things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to his purpose."

I'm finding that proved every day that I live now. Moving into a new phase of my life, I find myself called to do new and unexpected things.

A multi-book contract could mean that I may be able to retire after all. That's something of a relief and I am grateful to God for his care.

Tom

No comments: