Search This Blog

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Verizon Buys Alltel - Wonder what will happen to Chad...


Verizon Wireless reported this morning that it’s buying thorn-in-the side competitor, Alltel for almost 28 billion dollars.


In a way, I’m disappointed, because I was really kind of enjoying the My Circle commercial series. I had noticed, however, that the Verizon guy in the commercials hadn’t been quite as vocal of late, kinda sliding to the back of the group and keeping a low profile, where once he was a leader of the sales guy group.


What’s next? Do Chad & the Verizon dweeb join forces? Maybe the wizard will wave his wand and make the Verizon guy “cool”. Or maybe the Verizon guy bites Chad on the neck and sucks out all his blood and becomes like “Super Chad” or something.


I don’t know, but it’s a shame the series is going the way of the Geico Caveman. Oooh, oooh, that’s it. Sitcom! You do a series about these cell phone sales guys who hang out in this guy's basement “mancave” and Chad, their super cool nemesis…


Couldn’t be any worse than the caveman series! Since the TV writer's strike wiped out anything original till sometime in July, I'm really getting desperate for something besides reality and game shows to watch.


I''m just sayin'


Tom King

No comments: